Most people don’t realize that cleaning your upholstery can help the air quality in your home. A good cleaning can get rid of problems such as mold, dust, mildew, and allergens. Bad air quality in any home can cause breathing problems.
1. Vacuum regularly – vacuuming keeps the fabric surface clear of dust and particles that can prevent it from filtering your indoor air. Use a soft brush attachment to avoid marring the fabric.
2. Remove food and other substances like make-up, markers, crayons and anything that can stain your upholstery fabric. The longer the substance, food or drinks stay on the upholstery fabric or carpet fibers the more difficult it will be to remove.
3. Blot out spills from wine, sodas, coffee/tea and any drink that may stain or dis-color fabric immediately. Drinks tend to have ingredients that react with the upholstery fibers and cause the fibers to absorb coloring in drinks and foods.
4. Place covers over your upholstery to prevent the bulk of dirt and grime from children and pets.
5. Schedule your professional upholstery cleaning regularly to maintain fabric healthy and clean or when you are unable to completely remove any spots or stains.
Leather Upholstery needs special care. It is never a good idea to apply chemicals not designed for leather on your leather upholstery. Use only solutions made for leather cleaning. Always use a microfiber towel or a white cotton towel to work on leather.After you blot out spills or substances on leather upholstery a conditioner should be applied to prevent damage to surface or to prevent the leather form becoming brittle.
CALL NOW! 305-270-5310